Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 19



Here it is: my first fair isle knitting sample.
It was a challenge to knit two handed. This video is a perfect help. 
https://www.philosopherswool.com/Pages/Twohandedvideo.htm
I knitted it with five needles, size 3 mm. 
It is a tube and I can try it on my wrist to feel if the wool itches.
I washed my sample as they tell on the website because that way it is becoming softer and more fluffier. 
I love to work with this yarn. And ooh that smell...far away I smell the sheep. Love it.

Yarn: Holst Garn Supersoft
needle: 3mm
In person the colors are a bit softer. 

Lucy

ps, I putt my thimble on it to show how small it is. I'm used to knit with big needles ;-) 


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love your knitting and you're better at Fair Isle than me. Enjoy !

frameless mind said...

Hey Lucy, ga overlopen naar de breinaalden? Ik ben wel serieus onder de indruk van dit breiwerkje. Werkelijk prachtig!

Anonymous said...

You are so talented Lucy, I love your knitting. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work Lucy. You and Tracey are going to have us all knitting Fair Isle stuff soon;-)
blessings, jill

Kleine Vingers said...

It looks lovely, and i like the colors

Phyllis said...

Very beautiful. Love the colors and the yarn. I will defenitely have a look at that video, it might help me in my 'struggle' with the knitted Xmas balls ;-)!

ria vogelzang said...

Zo leuk! Ik heb het ook net "her"-ontdekt. Vroeger breide ik veel in, maar toen was het meer jaquard-breien.
De noorse patronen zijn zo prachtig! Ben dus met onderweg met de Fair Isle sampler van Wieke van Keulen. Brei je ook met twee draden? Of sla je ze om?
Groetjes!

ria vogelzang said...

Ik bedoel eigenlijk met twee handen... 1 links en 1 rechts... ;)

{having my} druthers said...

*gasp*

you are amazing.

*drool*

Mary Elizabeth said...

Beautiful work! And Philosopher's Wool is Canadian! Have you looked at Brooklyn Tweed website. They have wonderful patterns.